AoC and The Challenge are working in partnership with the Department for Education to deliver a series of workshops to support providers develop good practice in delivering industry placements.
Workshops will cover fundamental implementation themes and challenges, highlight good practice, and help providers to pre-empt problems by putting in place effective processes and forward planning. The content has been informed by the 17/18 Industry Placement pilot.
- understand and apply learning from the DfE Industry Placements Pilot Programme
- gain insights into a variety of working models utilised by providers on the pilot to overcome key challenges
- identify key actions to take forward and implement within your own setting
- build peer networks to discuss good practice on industry placements
- gain insights on how to implement and manage industry placements and share good practice
Three workshops will be delivered specifically for business development staff who have the responsibility of engaging employers.
Workshops are free to attend, and we would encourage staff to book a place early. All providers in receipt of capacity and delivery funding should attend at least one workshop in their area.
To book your place:
Please visit the booking site.
For all enquiries regarding industry placements, please contact the Education & Skills Funding Agency using this online enquiry form, or by searching gov.uk for the Industry Placements page.
If you are an employer and you have any queries regarding industry placements, please contact the National Apprenticeship Service on 08000 150600 or by emailing education.gov
Business Development workshop presentations