AoC Gold Awards 2013
The winners of the AoC Gold Awards 2013 are:
- Maggie Alphonsi MBE, Professional Rugby Player, Hertford Regional College
- Paul Barron CBE, Business Consultant, Lincoln College
- Hannah Cockroft MBE, Double Gold Paralympian, Calderdale College
- Professor Chris Day, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Liver Medicine at Newcastle University, Tyne Metropolitan College
- Greg Fitzgerald, Chief Executive of Galliford Try plc, South Devon College
- Adam Gray, Executive Chef, Skylon Restaurant at the Southbank Centre, Northampton College
- Russell Howard, Comedian, Alton College
- Sarah Longthorn, Founding Director of WedgeWelly, Hull College
The winners collected their awards at a ceremony on Wednesday 5 June 2013 at the House of Commons.
About the winners
AoC Gold Award winners, who are nominated by further education Colleges, are people who have attended that College and who have since gone on to achieve excellence in his or her chosen field.
Recipients of the AoC Gold Awards will have:
- Attended College for a significant period (e.g. for a year or until the completion of a qualification)
- Acknowledged that they gained benefit from their time at College (e.g. by gaining the confidence and competence to pursue an occupation or enter preparation for the field in which they have excelled)
- Received public recognition and acclaim, or made a major contribution in their field
Louise Duffy, AoC Charitable Trust and Communications Officer, by email or by phoning 020 7034 9957 for further information.
*All photographs are copyright of Stefano Cagnoni